Directory of animal rescue web sites mainly in the UK. Grouped by location and animal.
Let Google search this site for you.
CAT AND KITTEN RESCUE CENTRES
This page lists cat rescue centres in all parts of the UK. If you are looking to buy a kitten or a cat please check your local cat rescue centre first. (There were so many web sites listed as branches of Cats Protection that we have given them their own page. catsprotection)
- Alley Cats and Kittens: Southport and west lancashire: http://www.alleycatsandkittens.co.uk: We trap, neuter, release or rehome feral and stray cats and kittens.
- Aristocat Rescue:
North East of England: http://www.aristocat.org.uk:
Rescue and rehome stray and unwanted cats and kittens in the North East
of England. Run entirely by unpaid volunteers
- As Soon As Possible Cat Rescue: Waterlooville: http://www.hants.org.uk/asap: Rescue's and re-homes stray, un-wanted, abandoned cats and kittens in the Portsmouth and surrounding areas.
- Avon Cat Rescue:
and self funding Cat Rescue organisation. Rehoming and sponsoring of
cats and kittens of all ages
- Bengal Cat Rescue: National Organisation: http://www.bengalcatrescue.org.uk A small independent rescue, dedicated to the rehoming and rehabilitation of Bengal cats. Ran by volunteers, we are reliant on donations to keep going.
- Bristol and Wales Cat Rescue: http://Bristolandwalescatrescue.com: Working with Many Tears Rescue and Cat Action Trust we rescue cats from mid-Wales where resources and new homes are scarce and rehome in and around Bristol. All cats (>4 months) are neutered and microchipped.
- Bury's Stray Cat Fund: Bury St Edmunds: http://www.burystraycatfund.co.uk: Cat sanctuary based in Suffolk covering a 20 mile radius from Bury St Edmunds. Rehoming cats for 25 years.
- Caring For Cats East Yorkshire: Market Weighton: http://www.caringforcatseastyorkshire.co.uk A registered charity working in the East Yorkshire region. Offer shelter to and rehome unwanted cats and kittens. Most days there are about 80 cats, of all ages, in the care of the charity.
- Carlton Cat Sanctuary:
Barnsley Sth Yorkshire: http://www.carltoncats.co.uk
27 permanent resident cats, mainly of feral origin and not suitable
for re-homing. The sanctuary does take in other cats and kittens on
behalf of other rescues, on a fostering basis, whereby they remain the
responsibility of that rescue, who provide the necessary food, veterinary
care etc. while they are fostered at the sanctuary.
& Rabbit Rescue Centre: Sidlesham, Nr Chichester, West Sussex: http://www.crrc.co.uk
Independent charity who run a rescue and re-homing
centre. All cats over six months of age are neutered before re-homing,
and that all kittens adopted are neutered when old enough. They offer
help and advice to the public about pet ownership, and the humane control
of feral cats.
- Cat Action Trust
: A small national
charity in the UK dedicated to the welfare of feral cats. Policy is
to help feral cats by limiting their numbers through neutering and returning
to site, and by finding homes for kittens and tame stray cats. The charity
is totally against killing for expediency.
- Catcuddles Sanctuary: London and Kent: http://www.catcuddles.org.uk: Cat adoption centre in covering all London, based in Greenwich and Bexley. Our volunteer team is tirelessly looking for forever homes to our home and rescue cats. Visitors Welcome 7 days a week.
- Cats Galore Rescue: Flintshire: http://www.catsgalorerescue.co.uk: Helping to rescue and rehome cats and kittens in Flintshire, Denbighshire, Wrexham and Chester
- Cats In Crisis: Lincoln: http://www.catsincrisis.org.uk Care for unwanted/abandoned cats and kittens before rehoming them. Operate a lost and found register. All volunteers and rely totally on donations and fundraising.
- Cat Rescue: Chippenham,Wiltshire: http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk Permanent Homes Temporary Homes, A volunteer led organisation, ... Is your cat lost? List of cats ready for homing
- Cat Rescue North West: http://www.cat-rescue.org.uk: Helping cats in need. Self-funding Rescue for cats and kittens in need of rehoming either domestic or feral in the North West.
- Cat Chat www.catchat.org
rescue U.K. animal welfare and cat chat written by George cat and Gemini
cat. A super site with an amazing number of links to cat rescuers in
the UK grouped by county.
- Cat Rescue: Chippenham, Wiltshire: http://cat-rescue.co.uk: Re-homing of stray and unwanted cats and kittens in the North Wiltshire area.
- Cats Hate Lumpy Custard: Inverclyde: http://wheresmycatgone.googlepages.com: Helping our local stray and abandoned cats (Not really a rescue site but very interesting and entertaining. Worth a visit - even for non-cat people. Ed.)
- Cat Welfare Wisbech: Wisbech, Cambridgeshire: http://www.catwelfarewisbech.co.uk/: Our Mission is to Rescue Unwanted and Stray Cats and Kittens, and take care of them, until new loving FOREVER homes are found.
- Celia Hammond
Animal Trust: London East and South also West Kent/ East Sussex: http://celiahammond.org:
rehoming centres and low cost neutering and vaccination clinics (London
only) for cats and dogs to assist people on benefit or low income.
- Chestnut Cat Sanctuary & Rescue Centre: Epping Essex: http://www.chestnutcatsanctuary.co.uk: Cat & kitten rescue centre based in Epping Essex. All come with neuter, vaccination, microchip & insurance. Open 7 days a week.Reg. Charity 1118075. Non profit Rescue Centre.
- Clacton Animal Aid: Little Clacton, Essex:newname: NAWT Clacton http://www.nawt.org.uk/centres/essex-clacton A re-homing centre for cats and dogs looking for caring, loving homes in North East Essex and South East Suffolk.
- Country Cat Shelter:
Norfolk, Suffolk UK: http://www.countrycats.freeuk.com:
Kitten rescue and rehome. All cats that are unhomeable live indoors
with fosterer, no cages no kill. Registered Charity.
- Chestnut Cat Sanctuary & Rescue: Epping, Essex: http://www.chestnutcatsanctuary.co.uk One of the busiest Cat Rescue centres in the South. Over 700 homeless cats and kittens homed yearly. Open every day 363 days a year 10 -2 pm. No age limit to cats. No cats put to aleep.
- Croydon Animal
Samaritans: South Croydon: http://www.croydonanimalsamaritans.co.uk:
- Chapelhouse Persian
Rescue: http://www.chapelhouse-persians.co.uk: Rescue,
rehoming and welfare of Persian cats. Based in Congleton, Cheshire but
operate UK wide for rescue and rehoming of Persians. Offer other forms
of help such as long term care (for people who are temporarily unable
to care for their cat), behavioural advice and bereavement support.
- Classic Turkish
Van Cat Association: http://www.vantasia.org:
Turkish Van Cats. Older cats needing homes. Indoor home required.
- Crescent Cat
Rescue: Essex: http://www.crescentcatrescue.org.uk:
Charity caring for cats for the last 20 years in the Clacton area of
- Feline Advisory
Bureau www.fabcats.org Charity
promoting the health and welfare of cats by making latest information
available to vets, cat breeders and owners.
- Feline Care: Roudham Road, East Harling, Norwich, Norfolk NR16: http://www.felinecare.org.uk: Cat Rescue and Homing Centre offering sanctuary to over 100 cats and kittens at any one time.
- Feline Friends: N E of England, Tyne & Wear: http://www.felinefriends.btik.com: Dedicated to helping stray/abandoned cats & kittens. Rehoming & rescue. No healthy animals are ever put to sleep.Run entirely by volunteers.
- Feral Cat Welfare: Leeds: http://www.feralcatwelfare.org.uk: Volunteers from Cats Protection Adel Branch, Leeds, set up Feral Cat Welfare to continue caring for these unwanted and persecuted cats that the Branch helped before its closure by the National Cat Centre in January 2010. We have tame and timid feral cats and kittens in our care needing homes.
- HappyCats Rescue: Hampshire: http://happycatsrescue.co.uk: Small friendly rescue able to help with rescue and rehoming of cats and kittens
- Haworth Cat Rescue: Keighley, West Yorkshire: http://www.haworthcatrescue.org: Haworth Cat Rescue has been in existence for about 15 years and is a registered charity run by volunteers. We rescue and rehome unwanted cats and have a "no kill" policy. We operate solely on donations and monies from fundraising events - we have no HQ to turn to for funds. If you want to help us in our efforts please get in touch.
- The Heaton Animal Rescue Group: Stockport, Cheshire: http://www.tharg.org.uk: Cat rescue rehoming cats in the surrounding area
- Help a cat: london:
london cat rescue site
- Inverness Cat Rescue: Inverness: http://www.invernesscatrescue.co.uk: Independently rescuing, rehabilitating and rehoming cats and kittens in the Highlands of Scotland.
- Katz cottage cat rescue: near wisbeach: http://www.ilonacats.co.uk/rescue.html A small private rescue, based on the borders of cambs and norfolk. Many cats and kittens in need of loving permanent homes. Also have feral and semi feral cats looking for stables or small holding types of homes to catch rodents etc in exchange for food water and a warm place to sleep.
- Katzcastle Animal
rescue shelter based in Cobham Surrey
- Kingsdown Cat Sanctuary: Kingsdown, Kent: http://www.kingsdowncatsanctuary.org: Rescue and rehome abandoned, unwanted and abused cats and kittens. We are a small sanctuary and all work done is voluntary
- kitten karers: St. Helens and district: http://www.kittenkarers.co.uk: We are small dedicated professional rescue team with over 30 years, of dedication for the care and rescue of cats and kittens.
- Lancashire Cat
Rescue: Preston Lancashire: http://www.lancatrescue.co.uk
An independent charity dedicated to the welfare of cats and kittens.
No paid helpers, so every penny raised goes to help cats in need.
- Leeds Cat Rescue: Leeds : http://www.theleedscatrescue.co.uk rescuing and rehoming cats and kittens within leeds and surrounding areas
- Leeds Cat Rescue: West & North Yorkshire: http://www.leedscatrescue.btik.com: Leeds Cat Rescue help stray, neglected and unwanted cats and kittens in West Yorkshire and Surrounding areas. We rehome to loving and safe homes that are fully home checked and all cats are neutered/spayed, vaccinated, micro chipped, flead and wormed. We also help with trapping, spaying/neutering of feral colonies to prevent increasing populations.
- Leeds Feline Friends: Leeds, West Yorkshire: http://www.leedsfelinefriends.org.uk: Our aim is to improve the lives of the vulnerable cats on the streets of Leeds, wherever and whenever possible, and to leave them healthier, happier and more secure than when we found them. We have rescue cats and kittens needing homes as soon as possible.
- Lost Cats Brighton:
Brighton and Hove: http://www.lostcatsbrighton.org.uk:
definitive lost and found register for cats in the Brighton area. Run
locally, updated daily.
- Maesteg Animal Welfare Society: MAESTEG: http://maesteganimalrescue.co.uk: Finding homes for cats and dogs.
- Maureen's Penistone Cat Rescue: Sheffield http://www.penistone-cat.co.uk MPCR was primarily set up, to provide care for abused, neglected, sick and unwanted cats in the South Yorkshire and North Derbyshire regions.
- Millwood Boarding
Cattery & Rescue: West Bridgford, Nottingham. http://www.millwoodcatrescue.co.uk/
Home of the online cat guide, free programs, screensavers, fonts and
lots more for cat lovers everywhere.
- The Moggery Rehoming Centre: Bristol: www.themoggery.org.uk: The Moggery Rehoming Centre, Bishopson, Bristol. Cats and kittens looking for a loving home.
- Montgomeryshire Cat Rescue: Powys and environs: http://www.montysmoggies.co.uk: Small cat rescue eeking out an existance in Mid Wales. Based not far from Welshpool we probably have a cat or kittens for your home. Registered Charity 1096268
- The National Animal Trust: Leicestershire: http://www.nationalanimaltrust.org.uk: Our principal aims are the rescue and rehoming of cats and kittens, helping to prevent the indiscriminate breeding of cats and dogs and promoting responsible pet ownership. Our cats and kittens are placed in volunteer foster homes until new permanent homes can be found. We also run a subsidised neutering scheme for people on a low income.
- 9 Lives: London:
for elderly, special needs and FIV+ve cats, London
- Of Cats: Non-UK: http://www.ofcats.com/: Well it's a non-UK site, but it's a blog about everything feline that users of this site might find useful
- Oldham Cats:
Middleton, Oldham: http://www.oldhamcats.co.uk
to rescue, neuter and re-home unwanted cats and kittens in the Oldham
area, Greater Manchester. Site features info on adoption, our work,
neutering and much more.
- Original Cat Action Trust (Lanarkshire): Lanarkshire, Scotland: http://www.catactiontrust.co.uk Dedicated to the welfare of feral and domestic cats and kittens. Run entirely by unpaid volunteers, we rescue and foster cats and kittens to be rehomed with loving families. Please check out our cats for rehoming on our website.
- Paws for Life: London, UK: http://www.pawsforlife.org.uk: Small group giving priority to elderly cats and those with a chronic medical condition or disability. No kill policy.
- PDSA / Cat Register
and Rescue: http://www.catsup.co.uk.
A very lighthearted
website with a serious purpose.Nothing to do with rescue but if you
like cats you'll enjoy it.
- Persian Rescue:
Bristol part of a National Charity: http://www.persianrescue.co.uk:
centre for Persians only, takes in UK wide & specialises in cruelty
cases , used by many top charities, council approved
- Pound Kitten
Rescue: Poole, Dorset http://poundpuppy.net Rescues
kittens and adult cats, and keeps them in foster homes in the Poole,
Dorset area until they find them new homes.
- Rosie's Register: Eastbourne, Sussex. : http://www.rosies-register.co.uk: Rosie's Register is run on a completely voluntary basis. If you have lost your cat, or see a stray cat in the Eastbourne area of East Sussex, then contact Rosie.
- Cat Register
and Rescue Falkirk District, Central Scotland. www.rainbowsedge.co.uk
only with stray and feral cats. Neuter/return healthy adults. Sick/injured
cats fostered in family homes.
- Paws & Claws Animal Rescue Service: Mid-Sussex: http://www.pawsandclaws-ars.org.uk: A registered charity established in 1977. Devoted to the rescuing and re-homing of lost and abandoned cats in the Mid-Sussex area.
- PussyCat Lodge
Trust: Brentwood, Essex: http://www.pussycatlodge.co.uk
Cat rescue and rehoming in Brentwood, Essex, UK and surrounding area.
Lost and found service. Care of feral cats.
- RSPCA Hertfordshire East Branch: Hertfordshire: http://www.rspcahertseast.org.uk: Herts East is affiliated with the Main RSPCA, but is in the main self funding and has no animal centre. The Branch takes in mainly cats and rabbits for rehoming.
- Roxies Rescue: Leicestershire: http://www.roxiesrescue.org: Animal rescue for dogs at cats looking for foster carers or for forever homes. Strays, abused, abandoned. All breeds of dogs. Cats and Kittens
- Shropshire Cat Rescue: http://www.shropshirecatrescue.co.uk: Shelter and rehoming centre for homeless cats and kittens. Neutering and trapping assistance for feral and farm colonies. Education the public in responsible pet ownership.
- Siamese Cat Club
Welfare Trust www.siameserescue.org.uk
Cat Welfare organisation. Help, rehome and foster Siamese cats (and
their non Siamese companions from the same family. We don't split familys
- St Francis Rescue:
Thornborough, North Yorkshire: http://www.stfrancisrescue.co.uk:
Persian and long haired cats situated
in Thornborough, North Yorkshire besides the Thornborough Circles
- StreetKatz Rescue: West Kent & East Sussex: http://www.streetkatzrescue.com Streetkatz Rescue was founded out of concern for the increasing number of abandoned cats and kittens in West Kent and East Sussex.Typically, these animals are having to fend for themselves on the streets, vulnerable to cruelty, starvation and untimely deaths. Streetkatz aims to give all homeless and abandoned cats a chance of survival and a brighter future.
- Streatham Cat Rescue Group: London: http://www.streathamcat.org.uk A small, volunteer group which provides home and care to abandoned / sick cats since 1970. Some cats come to our shelter just because of the owner's personal problem. We also help to find a loving home for them
- Summerhill Veterinary Centre: Newport Gwent: http://www.summerhillvets.com: Our nurses occasionally nurse stray cats and kittens which are available for rehoming. Contact us to find out whether we have any pets in need of new homes.
- Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue: Fife: http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk: Fife based cat and kitten rescue specialising in orphaned kittens. Safe refuge and rehoming of unwanted domestic cats and strays. Active Lost & Found Register.
- Sunshine Cat Rescue: West Oxfordshire: https://sites.google.com/site/sunshinecatrescue/ : Dedicated to the welfare of cats in West Oxfordshire, specifically those that are neglected, unwanted or feral (through no fault of their own).
- Thorneywood Rescue: Nottingham: http://www.thorneywoodcatrescue.com: A Pedigree cat rescue dealing with Persian, exotic, maine coons,BSH and many other breeds.
- Tigerlily Feline Rescue: National Organisation: http://tigerlilyfelinerescue.webs.com/: A small volunteer run organisation of in home fosters. We take in stray, abandoned and injured cats. Founded and run by the founder of Missing Cats In Scotland. We rely solely on kind donations from the public.
- UKRCC : National:
Re-homing and welfare, finding loving, secure new homes for needy Ragdolls
- WellCat (West
Kitten Rescue. Lots of pictures of cats and kittens waiting to be adopted
- Go on! have a look - then adopt one.
- West Oxford Animal
Rescue www.woar.co.uk Now based in Wheatley. Offering cats and smaller animals a second and better start in life.
- Worthing Cat
Welfare Trust: http://www.worthingcatwelfare.co.uk:
and rehoming around the Worthing Area.10th year anniversary in July
- vzw zwerfkat
in nood II: Belgium: http://www.zwerfkat.com
for aids-infected cats
- Wizz Catz: Sheffield, UK: http://wizz-catz.co.uk: Sheffield cat rescue and adoption. Always on the look out for caring cat adoptees. Registered charity