Directory of animal rescue web sites mainly in the UK. Grouped by location and animal.
Let Google search this site for you.
- Animals in Distress Field of Dreams: Littleborough: http://www.animals-in-distress.co.uk: Horses, Donkets, Chickens, Reptiles, Rochdale, Wildlife
- Buttercups Sanctuary for Goats: Kent: http://www.buttercups.org.uk: Buttercups Sanctuary for Goats is a registered charity that takes in to care goats that have suffered cruelty, neglect and abandonment.
- Compassion in
World Farming www.ciwf.co.uk
Campaigning to end the factory farming of animals. Details of campaigns
with links. Use this site to look up info about battery hens etc.
- Caithness Rare Breeds: http://www.caithnessrarebreeds.com: Caithness Rare Breeds has been established to preserve the livestock and wildlife native to the Highlands & Islands of Scotland. Working closely with the Rare Breeds Survival Trust (RBST) and other conservation groups we are aiming to increase the numbers of those animals currently listed on the RBST watchlist of animals in danger.
- Farm Animal Rescue
Sanctuary: Wolverton, Warwickshire: http://www.farmanimalrescue.org.uk:
cruelty, sanctuary, animals, sheep, goats, pigs, bulls, cows, horses,
- Farm Animal Sanctuary: Evesham, Worcestershire: http://www.thefarmanimalsanctuary.co.uk: We offer a safe home for life to all farm animals who have been abandoned, abused, neglected or unwanted,from hens and ducks to sheep, pigs, cattle and equines.
- Fleecehaven: North Devon: http://www.fleecehaven.org.uk: On the edge of Exmoor Fleecehaven (Registered Charity No 1111004) is currently the home to in excess of 110 retired and rescued sheep. The aim of Fleecehaven is to promote humane behaviour towards sheep by providing appropriate care, protection, treatment and security to those sheep which are in need of care and attention by reason of sickness, maltreatment or poor circumstances. Fleecehaven also educates the public in matters pertaining to the welfare of sheep and the prevention of cruelty and suffering among sheep. Within North Devon permanent sanctuary is provided to any sheep in need of refuge, where it is guaranteed a life of loving care and attention.
- Friend Farmed Animal rescue: Kent: http://www.friendsanimalrescue.org.uk Campaign
for farmed animals. Main campaign is against live exports. Also run
a farmed animal sanctuary where some 80+ animals live out there lives
in peace and dignity. Promote a vegan lifestyle.
- Goats Galore Animal Sanctuary: Bromyard: http://www.goatsgalore.org.uk: A charity devoted to creating a better quality of life for sick, unwanted and mistreated animals, especially goats.
- Hopefield Animal Sanctuary: Essex: http://www.hopefield.org.uk : A Brentwood based non-profit organisation caring for sick, unwanted and mistreated animals since 1983
- Mossburn Animal
Centre: Dumfries and Galloway: http://www.mossburn.org Rescue misused, abused,
unwanted and neglected animals and provide therapeutic work placements
for young people with physical and mental problems
- REMUS SANCTUARY: Essex & Home Counties: http://www.remussanctuary.org: predonminantly horse rescue but we also care for farm animals including goats, sheep, cows and pigs.
- Smallholder Directory: National Organisation: http://www.smallholder-directory.co.uk The Portal for Breeders of Alpaca, Poultry, Sheep, Cows, Ducks and Pigs plus Supplies and Equipment
- Swan Pit animal sanctuary: shropshire: http://www.freewebs.com/wildlifetrainer: farm animals,open to public ,small animals and wildlife
- Towerhill Stables
Animal Sanctuary (Asheldham, Essex)
private animal sanctuary providing care and a home to over 160 rescued