Directory of animal rescue web sites mainly in the UK. Grouped by location and animal.
Let Google search this site for you.
NON-UK RESCUE WEB SITES
- A.C.E Charity (Animal Compassion of Espana): El Refugio, La Cala, Costa Del Sol, Spain: http://www.ace-charity.org: Rescues cats and dogs that have been found in appalling conditions: hurt, wounded, abandoned, unloved and unwanted in the Costa Del Sol. The charity always needs volunteers, blankets/towels and foster and permenant homes for the animals.
- ADANA (Asociación por los Derechos de los Animales Abandonados) ESTEPONA : http://www.adana.es ADANA is a charity run by unpaid volunteers. ADANA operates a dog shelter, on property leased by the local government and run by ADANA employees and volunteers.
- Agia Marina Donkey Rescue: Crete, Greece: http://www.agia-marina-donkeyrescue.com: Donkey Sanctuary on Crete rescueing elderly and abandoned working donkeys.
- Anatolian Animal Welfare Trust: uk / turkey: http://www.aawt.tk: this charity has been setup to help animals and livestock in anatolia(Turkey)in particular donkeys which are kept and used in remote villages for daily work. started january 2006.
- Angel Watch Rescue & Rehome: National Organisation: http://www.angelwatchrescue.com: A not for profit charity rescuing street and shelter dogs of Bucharest and Timisoara and finding forever homes throughout the UK and Europe.
- Animal House Jamaica: http://www.theanimalhousejamaica.org Founded in the 1990's because of serious concerns about the plight of animals on the northcoast of Jamaica, THE ANIMAL HOUSE JAMAICA has been helping
stray, injured, abandoned, and feral (wild) animals and their owners for more than six years.
- Animal Help Europe
e.V.: Germany: http://www.animalhelpeurope.de
a registered charity
looking after the welfare of Cats & Dogs in Europe (Spain etc.).operate
a rescue and rehoming service and foster unwanted cats and dogs. (English
- Animal in need: la linea spain: http://www.animalinneed.com: The asylum is able give shelter to 150 dogs so it is always a race against the clock to find loving and trustworthy homes for the animals and to be able to rescue new dogs that enter the local killing station. Since the foundation of the asylum and thanks to the enormous efforts of this small team, many dogs have found a new future with loving families in Holland and the rest of europe
- Animal Kingdom Foundation: Philippines: http://www.animalkingdomfoundation.org: AKF's mission is to support, protect and promote welfare and the rights of animals; to eliminate the practice of illegal slaughter of dogs for human consumption and to introduce legislations or amendments in the existing animal-welfare laws of the Philippines.
- Animal Rescue Kos: Kos,Greece: http://animalrescuekos.weebly.com/: Dog and cat shelter.Focus on sterilisations,sick and abandoned animals.Antimaxia,Kos,Greece.Adoption,foster
- ANIMAL SOS SRI LANKA: UK BASED / WORK IN SRI LANKA: http://www.animalsos-sl.com: UK REGISTERED CHARITY BUT ANGLO/SRI LANKAN . FUNDRAISING TO BUILD LAND IN SRI LANKA ON WHICH TO BUILD A REFUGE & GOOD STANDARD VETERINARY CLINIC - PRIORITY TO ALLEVIATE THE SUFFERING OF THE STREET DOGS & OTHER STRAY ANIMALS.
- APA apricho : Baza , Granada : http://elcaprichobaza.jimdo.com: El C El Capricho is a small registered dog refuge in Baza and being part of the Asociacion protectora de animales is keen to educate on animal welfare . They take in lost and found dogs and through a large networking scheme try and find homes for the dogs as quickly as possible
- Asociatia "Prieteni Buni" - "Good Friends" Romania, Bucharest: http://asociatia-prieteni-buni.blogspot.com/: Animal welfare organisation in Romania, we do our best to save the strays. Our main purpose is the sterilization of animals with or without masters, to decrease the number of animals abandoned on the streets, fields, etc. We also try to give animals on the street for adoption.
- Asociación Protectora de Animales Horadada(APAH): Pilar de la Horadada on Spain's Costa Blanca: http://www.apahrescue.org An animal rescue charity caring for abandoned and homeless cats and dogs in Pilar de la Horadada on Spain's Costa Blanca
- Asociación de Protección de Animales Domésticos PAD: Mijas Costa, Costa Del Sol, Spain http://www.padcatsanddogs.org/ A privately run charity in the Mijas/Fuengirola area that specialises in the rehabilitation and rehoming of abandoned dogs and cats.
- Asha Foundation: Ahmedabad, India: www.ashafoundationindia.org The only organisation in Gujarat state that provides free treatment of street animals and birds
- Ayutthaya Elephant Palace & Royal Kraal: Ayutthaya, Thailand: http://www.elephantstay.com: Dedicated to creating a sustainable future for asian elephants. Giving elephants a safe, secure income, early retirement and encouraging a culture of nuturing elephants.
- BluSky's Rescue:
Las Vegas, Nevada: http://justinsstory.freewebpages.org/page4.htm:
unwanted or displaced Yorkshire Terriers. Small & furry animals,
Specialize in this breed. However do accept other small animals. Non-profit
- Brooke http://www.thebrooke.org An international animal welfare organisation dedicated to improving the lives of working horses, donkeys and mules in some of the world's poorest communities. Provide treatment, training and programmes around animal health and wellbeing, operating across Africa, Asia and Latin America.
- Catshelter "De
Kattenmand" / the Windmillcats: Nieuw-Lekkerland / Netherlands: http://www.dekattenmand.nl: Non profit all volunteer catshelter in Nieuw-Lekkerland/Netherlands.We
have a foster project for the feral cats living in the Kinderdijk windmills
area-they are the Windmillcats.The webpage can be found on our (Dutch)homepage
of the shelter next to the menu under Windmillcats.
- Circle of Animal
Lovers (Regd.): New Delhi, India : http://www.circleofanimallovers.org:
- COSTA ANIMAL SOCIETY: Nerja, Malaga, Spain: http://www.casnerja.org: Rehoming abandoned animals in Southern Spain for 25 years.Fully registered charity run by volunteers
- Dalyan Rehabilitation Dog Centre: Dalyan, Turkey: http://www.dalyandogcentre.moonfruit.com Helps and saves Street Dogs in Turkey. There is a Neuter and Release scheme running. The Centre relies on funding from outsiders.
- Dogs Across Australia: http://www.dogsacrossaustralia.com Assists various dog rescue shelters across Australia by fundraising. It has a unique art & craft gallery featuring quality Australian art. Kids! Colour in the Pound Dog and 'Freedom' the rescue dog.
- Dog and cat rescue center Alcoy-Alicante Spain: http://www.protectoradealcoy.com: Dog rescue center, animal shelter, adoption of dogs, puppies, cats and pets in the animal shelter of Society for the Protection animals and plants of Alcoy (Alicante)
- Dogstar Foundation: Sri Lanka: http://www.dogstarfoundation.com/: providing free veterinary treatment to dogs and cats in the Kegalle area of Sri Lanka and provides mobile neutering and vaccination clinics countrywide.
- Dolphins: http://www.robins-island.org
about Dolphins and whales: Dolphin facts, dolphin glossary, dolphin
evolution, dolphin training, dolphin ecology, dolphin breeding, dolphin
database, dolphin faq and dolphin links.(Not a rescue site but 'verry
- Donkey Welfare of Namibia: International Organisation: http://www.donkeywelfare.com: Helping in the care and welfare of the 200,000 donkeys in Namibia
- DREAMS: Kathmandu, Nepal: http://www.dreams.org.np: DREAMS is a recognized not for profit charity organization based in Kathmandu, Nepal that provides food, shelter and much needed medical treatment to the STRAY animals.
- El efugio del Burrito: http://www.elrefugiodelburrito.com Spain. Adonkey sanctuary in Spain dedicated to rescuing abandoned, neglected and ill-treated donkeys and mules from all over Europe and we work closely with The Donkey Sanctuary in UK.
- Equine Rescue France: France: http://www.equinerescuefrance.org: Not-for-profit registered association based in France rescuing, rehabilitating, educating and campaigning for an end to Long haul transport across Europe. English & French spoken.
- Fauna Rescue
Of South Australia Incorporated: http://www.faunarescue.org.au:
is a volunteer, non profit organisation caring for sick, injured and
- Florina's Doggy Rescue House: Brasov, Romania: http://florinasdoggyrescuehouse.org/: Florinas Doggy Rescue House is a Romanian Dog Rescue Based in BRAȘOV Romania. If You Want to Adopt a Romanian Dog We Can Help. We Rehome Across Europe.
- Friends of Animals:
of Animals is an international animal rights and protection organization
working to abolish animal abuse.
- Friends of Animals - Nea Filadelphia: Athens, Greece: http://www.friendsofanimals-nf.com: Animal rescue shelter in Athens Greece relying on donations for capture/neutering, vaccinating, adoption programs of stray dogs and cats.
- Furry Friends In Need: Argolida ~ Greece: http://furryfriendsinneed.com: Caring for the abandoned Greek stray cats and dogs.
- Gambia Horse and Donkey Trust: UK Registered Charity working in The Gambia: http://www.gambiahorseanddonkey.org.uk: Working to reduce rural poverty through improving health, welfare and productivity of working horses and donkeys in The Gambia. We provide veterinary services to horses and donkeys in Gambia. We educate owners and children about animal welfare and management.
Animal Rescue dspace.dial.pipex.com/gar-uk
Tells how the shelter was formed, stories about animals that have been
helped. (In English)
- Greek animal rescue: http://www.greekanimalrescue.com: Greek animal rescue saves a variety of animals from crulety and bad conditions. Gives them a little TLC and home the animals in caring loving homes.
- Happy Ending: Costa de la Luz SPAIN: http://www.happy-ending.eu Charity set up to help abandoned dogs in this part of Spain. Totally self funding
- Himalayan Nature society: Dharamsala,Himachal Pradesh: http://www.hnsindia.org Trying to provide veterinary health care services to injured and sick stray dogs and animal birth control (ABC) awareness and assistance.
- Horse Support Center: Israel: http://horsesupport.webs.com Interesting site showing how someone built up a horse rescue centre.
- IHP - Italian Horse Protection Association: http://www.horseprotection.it A sanctuary for equines who have been subjected to mistreatment and subsequently confiscated under Law. The horses live in a herd, completely free in wide spaces, in much the same environment as they would find in the wild.
Numerous horses and other equines who have been confiscated by the Judiciary are currently staying at the IHP.
- ITALIAN SCENTHOUND SOS ITALY - UK : http://www.italianscenthoundsos.com: Italian Scenthound SOS is working to raise awareness as to the terrible situation Italian hunting dogs face and to support shelters that work to care for and rehome them.
- J&M Acres Horse Rescue: Maple Ridge, British Columbia: http://jmacres.weebly.com We adopt most of our horses from auction or from off the racetrack. Our aim is to get as many horses adopted into loving homes as possible so that we are able to rescue more. To date we have helped rescue and re-home over 300 horses!
- Javea Feral Cat Association: Javea, Costa Blanca, Spain: http://www.javeaferalcats.org Operates a Trap-Neuter-Return programme for feral cats. Our aim is to reduce the number of kittens born to feral cats in this area. We also blood test for contagious diseases. Suitable cats/kittens are re-homed after health check and vaccination.
- K9 Tenerife: Southern Tenerife: http://www.k9tenerife.com: Dog rescue sanctuary based in southern Tenerife. Run by British volunteers this charity survives entirely on donations and what money they can raise.
- L.A.P.S: PEGO.Costa Blanca North: http://laps-pego.blogspot.com/: LAPS is a registered charity based near Pego (Alicante) Spain. Its aim is to offer medical aid and re-homing to local DOGS in need
- Lega Pro Animale: Italy www.geocities.com/fondazionemondoanimale Primarily a Spay/Neuter Clinic for Dogs and Cats, also have animals available for adoption. English website.
- MYKONOS ANIMAL WELFARE: MYKONOS-GREECE: http://www.mykonosanimals.org: Supporting, protecting & re-homing the animals of our beloved Greek island.
- ROLDA: Romania: http://www.rolda.org: Helping Romanian street dogs. Transforming each scared, semi wild stray into the perfect companion for the right people. Helping dogs. Project: Sanctuary for horses, donkeys, cats. Serving a community of 250,000 people (5th Romanian biggest town) and approx 20,000 homeless, abused animals.
- ROLDA Sverige: Sweden: http://www.roldasverige.se/: Incorporated charity in Sweden that helps Romanian street dogs from www.rolda.org shelters (700 dogs saved from streets).
- Romanian Rescue Appeal: National Organisation: http://www.romanianrescueappeal.com: UK based charity (no 1161037) who rescue dogs from public shelters in Romania. We have a number of UK based dogs and also several hundred dogs being cared for at our Freedom Farm in Romania. When being adopted, we arrange for dogs to be transported to the UK having been fully checked and prepped (with necessary spaying/neutering/vaccinations etc) - where they meet their lovely new adopters!
- Romania Animal Aid: Herts: http://www.romaniaanimalaid.co.uk Uk charity helping to support animal welfare groups, individuals and NGO's active in Romania. We fund spay/neuter campaigns, co-sponser an educational program and pay for essential veterinary treatment where possible. We also sometimes rehome a lucky few!
- Rudozem Street Dog Rescue: Rudozem, Bulgaria: http://www.streetdogrescue.com: Rudozem Street Dog Rescue (RSDR) is a non-profit foundation that rescues Street Dogs in Bulgaria and finds loving homes for them.
- SOS Animals: Costa Del Sol, Southern Spain: http://www.sos-animals.org: Helping to give the stray cats and dogs of the Costa del Sol a chance to lead a full and active life. We currently have 200 dogs and around 20 cats all looking for loving homes.
- SOUTH AFRICA - Highveld Horse Care Unit www.horsecare.org.za highlighting the plight of equines in South Africa
- SPCA Gozo: http://www.spca-gozo.org/: The rescue centre for stray animals found on Gozo.
- Syros Cats: Syros,Greece: http://www.helpsyroscats.com/: Cat rescue in Syros Greece. Cats for rehoming,adoption, sponsorship. Always looking for help donations etc.
- Indian Tiger
Welfare Society: India: http://www.indiantiger.org
welfare society creating awareness to protect tigers in India. The site
also provide related information about the cat family.
- Int. Soc.
for Protection of Horses (New Zealand) www.horsetalk.co.nz/ilph
Acts as an equine lobby group and welfare watchdog
- Lamma Animal
Protection: Hong Kong SAR China: http://www.lap.org.hk:
animals on Lamma Island, Hong Kong, to bring about the conditions whereby
every animal has a good home.
- Lost Dogs Home
(Melbourne Australia) http://www.lostdogs.com.au
Lots of interesting stuff including a dog-cam and list of lost dogs
similar to this site.
- Rifugio " I Fratelli Minori" - LIDA: Olbia, Sardinia, Italy: http://www.lidaolbia.it/ : Part of the national association LIDA: Italian League for the Animal Rights, which fights to spread a culture of care and respect for animals with local initiatives. The Olbia's centre rescues mainly dogs. The site is only in Italian,but the numerous - and sometimes very strong - pictures say a lot.
- S.A.T Animal Rescue: Dolores , Alicante , Spain: http://www.satanimalrescue.com: SAT Animal Rescue is a fully registered charity specialising in re- homing abandoned dogs on the Costa Blanca, Spain. Kennels are located in Dolores, near Torrevieja.
- SPCA Malta: http://www.spcamalta.org/: The rescue centre for stray animals found on Malta.
Soc. for Protection of Horses (Spain) www.sepeonline.net
interesting site for UK visitors (In English)
- Noah's Ark Animal Welfare: Rhodes, Greece: http://www.noahsarkrhodes.com: Rescuing stray, neglected and sick animals in Rhodes, Greece
- Noah's Arc Animal Rescue: Murcia, Spain: http://www.noahsarcmurcia.com: Noahs Arc is a registered animal rescue charity in Murcia, Spain created to rescue sick, injured and badly treated animals.
- Pets Alive Inc.:
Middletown NY USA: http://www.petsalive.com
A no-kill animal sanctuary
which gives safe haven to abused, abandoned and special needs animals.
The first retirement home for the NYC Carriage Horses.
- Pets in Italy - helping homeless animals in Italy: Tuscany, Italy: http://www.petsinitaly.com: Non-profit English site to help ex-pat pet owners in Italy and highlight the plight of Italy's homeless animals from British writer Fiona Tankard who has lived there since 1994.
- Pon Una Mascota En Tu Vida: National Spain: http://www.ponunamascotaentuvida.com/ Spanish website with search engine for animals in need of adoption and foster homes, cooperating with dog and cat shelters in all the Spanish territory.
- Refuge d'Anes de Pales-Fontaine: Castelmayran,Tarn et Garonne,France: http://refugedanesdepales-fontaine.wifeo.com: A small refuge in the southwest of France dedicated to giving loving care to unwanted, abandoned and ill treated donkeys
- SARA Lanzarote: Tahiche, Lanzarote: http://www.sara-lanzarote.eu: We are a registered charity located on the island of Lanzarote in the Canary Islands. We care for up to 350 abandoned or mistreated animals at any one time and we receive no fixed Government funding for our efforts. We give aid to abandoned or mistreated animals, stray dogs and cats in Lanzarote. We try to find them all loving homes, be it on the island or in mainland Europe. We have as much animals neutered as possible, both pets and feral, to alleviate the overpopulation of the island. We fight for the rights of animals, to educate people in animal welfare and try to stop mistreatments of animals which still goes on today.
- Sava's Safe Haven: Romania: www.savasafehaven.com: Sava's Safe Haven not-for-profit Animal Welfare association was founded by Oana Sava since 2012, to end the suffering of dozens of animals from streets. On 05th November 2012 , thanks the friends and animal lovers from everywhere, we was able to to put basis of a refuge.
- SPAMA LA SAFOR: GANDIA, VALENCIA, SPAIN: http://www.spama.org: SPAMA (Sociedad Protectora de Animales y Medio Ambiente La Safor) Spanish dog and cat rescue - huge shelter with 500+ animals all seeking new homes
- Triveneto Equine Rescue, Inc. (TERI): Firuli Venezia Giulia, Italy: http://teri.weebly.com/ Our mission is to save abused and neglected horses and other equines in the northeastern (Triveneto) region of Italy. In Italy, unwanted horses are sold to butchers, who kill and process them as food. (In Italy, horse flesh is considered a delicacy!) We believe these noble animals deserve better, that is why we rescue and rehabilitate ANY abused animal we become aware of. TERI's partner facility in Italy is Zedan Ranch, located in the village of Montereale Valcellina (PN) in the Friuli-Venezia-Giulia region of Northeast Italy.
- Turkish Animal Group: Didim Turkey: http://www.turkishanimalgroup.com. A small registered charity no 1148352. The street dog problem in Turkey is mammoth and the dogs there lead a torrid life. We at TAG rescue these poor innocent animals and provide them with shelter, food, much needed veterinarian care before rehabilitating them and then re-homing them across the UK,Europe and the USA.
- Walk with donkeys sanctuary: Anatoli Crete http://www.walkwithdonkeys.com: A small sanctuary caring for working donkeys who are no longer required by their owners because of age, medical problems. As well as caring for donkeys in the sanctuary we also work with local people to assist with care of their donkeys.
- We For Animals:
New Delhi, India: http://www.weforanimals.com : Articles
about pets. Useful information for pet owners and animals lovers. Beautiful
pictures. Famous quotations.
- Wolfrun Wildlife
Refuge and Educational Facility: Nicholasville,Kentucky : http://wolfrun.org
W ildlife refuge that rescues,rehabilitates, and when possible,releases
wild animals back into their natural enviroment.
- vzw zwerfkat
in nood II: Belgium: http://www.zwerfkat.com Unique shelter
for aids-infected cats