Directory of animal rescue web sites mainly in the UK. Grouped by location and animal.
Let Google search this site for you.
NON-UK WILDLIFE RESCUERS
UK: National Organisation: http://animaladoptions.co.uk
Exists to promote
the adoption and continued existence of endangered wildlife accross
- Animals Asia
The section on BEARS
- Animal Welfare
Society: Noida, India.: http://www.indiantiger.org
welfare society creating awareness to protect tigers in India. The site
also provide related information about the cat family.
- Care for the
Wild, International: www.careforthewild.org.uk
Wildlife charity providing direct and practical aid to animals in distress
anywhere in the world. Good background info and photos. (The Badger
page is v.good) Foster an animal.
- THE CAT SURVIVAL
TRUST (RARE LEOPARD SANCTUARY): THE CENTRE,CODICOTE ROAD WELWYN HERTS http://www.catsurvivaltrust.org
- CEFN-YR-ERW PRIMATE
RESCUE SANCTUARY: SWANSEA VALLEY : http://www.cefn-yr-erw.fsnet.co.uk:
unwanted & abused Primates & exotics
- International Primate Protection League (UK): www.ippl-uk.org: Founded in 1976 IPPL (UK) is dedicated to the protection of all monkeys and apes, whether wild or captive, anywhere in the world. Our principal aims are to stop the abuse of primates, provide support for monkey sanctuaries and helps rescue orphaned monkeys whose mothers have been killed for bushmeat. We assist with providing expert advice to welfare groups and the media. We use education to spread our message. IPPL saves lives.
- Lakeview Monkey Sanctuary: Berkshire: www.lakeviewmonkeysanctuary.co.uk: To rescue, rehome and rehabilitate all monkeys
- Monkey Sanctuary
Trust: National Organisation:
The Trust is dedicated to promoting the welfare, conservation &
survival of primates. Provides a safe & secure home for monkeys
at its sanctuary in Cornwall.
- Orangutan Foundation: www.orangutan.org.uk
Raising awareness and understanding of conservation issues facing endangered
orangutans. Very informative and easy to use site.
- Panda Trust http://www.panda-trust.org.uk
organisation. Site has information and lots of pictures of pandas with
details of how you can help
- Roo Gully Wildlife
Sanctuary: Boyup Brook, Western Australia: http://www.roogully.com:
Gully is a working wildlife sanctuary, and Wildlife Education Centre,
situated in the south west of Western Australia,that specialises in
the care of injured, sick and orphaned marsupials.
- Sepilok Orangutan
Appeal UK http://www.orangutan-appeal.org.uk/
Registered charity based in the south of England, dedicated to the rehabilitation
and preservation of Orangutans and their habitat in the Sabah region
of Malaysian Borneo.
- Specialist Wildlife Services Exotic Animal Rescue: Nationwide: http://www.Specialistwildlifeservices.org: For the last 10 years we have been re-homing for the Police, Government departments and other NGO's. As a non-profit, self funded voluntary organisation we give up our spare time to ensure the welfare & assist in the re-homing of non-domesticated non-native wild animals which have been abandoned, confiscated, surrendered to rescue centres or the authorities, or become surplus within Zoos, colleges or other educational institutions.
- Whale and Dolphin
Conservation Society www.wdcs.org Dedicated to conservation and welfare of all whales, dolphins &
porpoises. Adopt a whale or dolphin.
- Wildlife Nannies: Berlin: http://www.wildlife-nannies.com: The aim of wildlife-nannies.com is to build a platform connecting animal lovers and activists worldwide. It is a place to present to you the stories we have gathered, give featured Wildlife Nannies a place to share a current insight into their work via a weblog and to rally support for their projects.
- World Animal
largest network of animal protection societies. Links to everything
- World Wildlife Foundation: http://www.worldwild.org: World wildlife foundation built up to help the endangered species through land programmes and animal charity.